Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bruised Ego

My ego took a mega huge blow today. It's easy to live in denial, to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear on something unpleasant. And so sometimes, when someone says something to you thats so very blunt yet so very true, it's hard to accept. Especially when it touches on something so sensitive and so personal, like how a person looks.

I admit, I have never been model thin. And yes, I have grown a little more horizontal over the past year without my realizing until its rather obvious now.
So yes, while I wish the world could be less superficial, and I wish that people could see that there is more to me than meets the eye, the fact is... that the world IS superficial. And the world is always always going to judge a person first on how they look. Heck, even I'm superficial ok?

So ya lar, I may a nice sweet person and all and a guy may really like me for those qualities, but it also doesn't hurt if I look hot to boot, right? (Guys, admit it!)
I know, people tell me that I shouldn't let this get to me, and that I should love myself no matter how I look. But the world is always going to like pretty beautiful things. And yes, you can argue that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. True. But beauty, to a large part of the population's eye right now feels that beauty = slim and toned.

Oklar... my ego is megaly bruised. But I can't blame anyone but myself. For it is I who let my eating habits go astray. It is I, who didn't put in enough effort at the gym. And it is I, who failed to change my mindset and my thinking. So now, its time for me to face reality...and do something about it!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Tine said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I face the same thing too. As much as we tell ourselves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, sometimes you just wanna shoot 'em beholders :P

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Foress said...

Normally guys will try to avoid this topic of discussion but somehow, I'm tempted to give the male perspective.

Yes. We care about physical looks and shapes as much as anything else. That's a universal truth. Why do you think the existence of gazillion dollars of fitness + beauty industry?

But, I think it is important to true to yourself. Try to listen to that inner voice of your trueself that lies really deep inside of you. What's she saying? Does she really want to be thin or just the way already are?

To please guys or feel good about yourself? It's your take.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reality bites.
Perhaps we should move to Southern India or Africa where big booties and boobies are considered hot!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lingzie said...

tine - LOL! your comment really made my day!

foress - hey..thanks for the comment!will go listen to my inner self more!

elsie - hey girl, how are you? totally agree with you!take care ya.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Observer said...

That's the reality of the world

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger clueless said...

hey...if the guy thinks ur not hot or judges you on your looks , then he's not worth it! he should accept you for who you are and not how you look!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lingzie said...

freethinker - yup, you said it! reality can be cruel eh?

clueless - that's what i think also!:)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Chan said...

... u got a big booties i agree. Big boobies? ...

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Lingzie said...

abnormal - eh we are NOT discussing the size of my boobies and booties here ok?! but oh, i forgot, you've got bigger 'boobs' than me right??:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home